Sunday, August 16, 2009

Organic Yarns


Yesterday I spent almost the entire afternoon searching for Australian stockists of organic yarns (admittedly my mum gave me a head start by pointing out a website she'd already found in her own searches, i.e. the wool shack).

I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but I've found five companies who stock organic yarns (ranging from alpaca, cotton, wool, cotton/wool blends and bamboo/wool blends).

I'm still a little dubious about yarns made from alpaca, bamboo and possum as a lot of companies retailing them don't seem to feel the need to stipulate the composition of the materials they're selling nor the need to underline whether or not their yarns underwent any type of chemical interaction/s before they arrived on my front door step.

So I'm still in the process of investigating these fibres' organic status (I'm waiting for companies to respond to my emails . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment